About Patrice Tanaka
Life Purpose Statement
My purpose in life is to choose joy in my life every day, to be mindful of that joy, and to share that joy with others.
How Patrice Brings Her Authentic, Creative, Expressive Self to TENWOMENSTRONG
Patrice is a pragmatic, creative and purpose-driven leader. She is an accomplished author, engaging speaker and an award-winning co-founder of three PR agencies. At a time in her life when she was pushing through exhaustion, malaise and serious bumps in the road, she was confronted by her executive coach to rethink her life purpose. In so doing, not only did she create greater JOY in her life, she is now committed to helping others discover their life and leadership purpose so they can “unleash” their own joy.
Patrice is an inspiring example of the importance of discovering your life purpose to unleash your greatest success, fulfillment and joy. In addition to working with individuals, Patrice works with organization through her consultancy, Joyful Planet LLC. According to the authors of “From Purpose to Impact” in the May 2014 issue of the Harvard Business Review, “the process of articulating your purpose and finding the courage to live it”—what we call purpose to impact—is the single most important developmental task you can undertake as a leader.”
At TENWOMENSTRONG, we are honored to have Patrice’s purpose-finding expertise on board to help women lead their life on purpose. Understanding who you are at your essence, what matters most to you and how you contribute to the world is fundamental to living a successful, fulfilling and joyful life. Patrice works with you to discover, craft and finalize your life purpose statement. It’s by actively living your purpose, Patrice says, that you can unleash great joy. She believes if every woman is living her life purpose and leveraging her talent, expertise and passion in service of other people and the planet, together, we can create a more joyful world.
Top TEN Gallup CliftonStrengths
- Built her first company, which was recognized within eight years as the “#1 Most Creative” and “#2 Best Workplace” among all PR agencies in the U.S.
- Co-founded two other award-winning, PR agencies, including one of the “top 10” independent agencies in the U.S. and the largest, employee-owned PR agency with 240 employee-owners
- Serves as a trustee of the wonderful, non-profit, Dancing Classrooms, which brings ballroom dance to elementary schools to unleash social, emotional learning (SEL) and cognitive learning in children
- Is a life-long Girl Scout, a Director of the Girl Scouts of Greater New York, and recipient of the council’s "Woman of Distinction” and “Gold Achievement” Awards
- Past Co-Chair and Executive Board member of the Diversity Action Alliance
- Co-founder of the Asian Pacific American Women’s Leadership Institute (APAWLI), which is now part of the Center for Asian Pacific American Women (CAPAW)
- Speaker and trainer for Dress for Success Worldwide
- Featured in the best-selling book, Professional Performance 360, with her chapter entitled: “Purpose: A Competitive Advantage in Business and Life"
- Contributing author to Brian Tracy’s best-selling book, Beat the Curve, with her chapter: “Live Your Life’s Purpose and Unleash Your Joy”
- Author: Becoming Ginger Rogers…How Ballroom Dancing Made Me a Happier Woman, Better Partner and Smarter CEO
Discover Your Life & Leadership Purpose with Patrice!
“Patrice helped me clarify my own life purpose – to make wellbeing at work a globally-accepted, basic human right. It’s rare to gain so much value from such a small investment of time. Through her powerful process, Patrice showed me how to articulate in a sentence what I spent years trying to explain to others with only partial success. What I’ve gained from working with Patrice is seemingly boundless energy for my work and a key ingredient for me to live a richer, fulfilling, and more meaningful life. Thanks, Patrice. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”
Senior Consultant, People Focus Consulting
“Patrice Tanaka packs a powerful punch of Joy! Her business couldn’t be more appropriately named. She facilitated her “Discover Your Life & Leadership Purpose” workshop during an annual team meeting I host for Univision’s corporate communications and publicity teams and the session was among the highest rated! Her accomplished career in communications serves as an excellent base for this important session on purpose – identifying one’s purpose and strategically leveraging it for career impact.”
EVP, Chief Communications Officer, Univision Communications, Inc
“Patrice, you were so much more than a traditional presenter! You went above and beyond, working with each of the women individually a month before the conference even began, encouraging them to dig deep and learn what brings them joy and gives meaning to their lives. Your mentorship and helping each of them craft their individual Life Purpose Statement was transformative, and they are now poised for tremendous success.
“Caroline, one of our Delegates, shared this sentiment that really captures the essence of your tremendous guidance: ‘My shining moment was when Patrice Tanaka helped me define my Life Purpose Statement. Tears rolled down my face as I realized my inner compass had been churning to steer me, but I didn’t have the belief in my abilities. Now, I own them. My purpose is to live fearlessly, advocate for women who do not have a voice, and help them persevere through their challenges to gain resiliency, confidence, and, ultimately, to find their voice.”
CEO, Dress for Success Worldwide